Community Chest Details:
- The Maple Ridge Community Chest is an effort to prevent small family crises from nudging Maple Ridge families past the point of no return towards the grinding cycle of poverty that plagues so many families in the community.
- It is a joint project of the Maple Ridge Community Foundation and the Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Katzie Community Network
- Eligible families are ones residing in Maple Ridge, or that receive assistance from organizations under the Community Network umbrella.
- Funding provided is a limited, one-time effort designed to alleviate a particular crisis facing a local family. No ongoing support will be provided.
- Maple Ridge Community Chest funds are provided as a last resort, after all other potential sources of assistance from community programs have been exhausted.
- Funds will be provided to assist with crises relating to shelter, security of livelihood, safety, and health.