Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm on November 12, 2021. The Community Foundation requires approximately four to six weeks to process an application.
- Interested and eligible local charities must complete and submit their grant applications by the grant deadline.
- The Maple Ridge Community Foundation staff and the Grants Committee members will review applications and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Once the board has an opportunity to review and approve the recommended grants, the applicants will be notified of the Community Foundation’s decision by telephone and in writing within six weeks of the application deadline.
- The Maple Ridge Community Foundation usually hosts a reception for presentation of cheques to successful grant recipients. Invitations will be issued when details of the event have been finalized.
- Recipients are required to recognize the Community Foundation’s grant in their communications and utilize the Maple Ridge Community Foundation’s logo when possible (logo files and usage guidelines will be provided).
- Recipients may be required to show the Maple Ridge Community Foundation proof of expenditure on the project before funds are released.
- If recipients make any alterations in plans (as per the grant application), approval from the Maple Ridge Community Foundation is required.
- The recipient is required to prepare and submit an interim/final report within one year after receiving the grant.
- Recipients are encouraged to provide photographs, videos and any other collateral to the Maple Ridge Community Foundation to communicate, celebrate and promote the project or program.
NEW FOR 2021
- In addition to attending the VIRTUAL granting ceremony on Dec 9th, successful applicants will be required to submit a video detailing their project on or before December 1st to be played during the ceremony.
- Successful applicants from prior years must have submitted receipts for eligible expenses and utilized 2020 funds in order to be considered for a 2021 grant.