Grant Application Guidelines
The Maple Ridge Community Foundation attracts and manages charitable capital and provides grants for the betterment of our community.
The Maple Ridge Community Foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life in Maple Ridge through the creation and management of funds gifted in perpetuity, and the distribution of their earnings for charitable purposes in the areas of art & culture, children & youth, food & shelter, health & social services, leisure & recreation, planet & environment and seniors & disabled.
HOW WE OPERATE
A twelve-member Board of Directors is responsible for the overall policies and practices of the Maple Ridge Community Foundation. In considering applications for funding, the Board of Directors relies on the recommendations of the Grants Committee who is guided by the Foundation’s Constitution, the terms of the Funds and by governmental taxation and other regulations from time to time in effect.
Eligible applicants include registered charities and qualified donees under the Income Tax Act. The registered charity number is to be submitted with the application. Applicants must demonstrate fiscal responsibility and effective management.
WHAT WE FUND
The Maple Ridge Community Foundation supports a wide range of projects that will be of benefit to the citizens of Maple Ridge as outlined in our Mission Statement. Funded activities often provide a direct service to the community, or take an innovative approach to a community concern. The Maple Ridge Community Foundation is responsive to changing community needs and issues.
The Maple Ridge Community Foundation does NOT provide grants for the following:
- Individuals or businesses
- 100% of a project’s costs
- Retroactive funding, or for any project expenses to be incurred prior to the Foundation’s decision
- Fundraising activities
- Endowment grants
- Activities of religious organizations that serve primarily; their membership and/or their direct purposes
- Towards operating or capital deficits
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Following your review of the Grant Guidelines to ascertain your eligibility, applicants are to complete all sections of the Grant Application Form and submit it on or before the deadline date of the 3rd Friday in October to:
The Maple Ridge Community Foundation
PO Box 370
Maple Ridge, BC V2X 8K9
Please mark the envelope “Grant Application”. Only submissions on MRCF application forms will be considered.
GRANT APPLICATION TIMELINE
The annual deadline for receiving grant application forms is the 4th Friday in October annually.
Written applications will be accepted by MRCF until 4:00pm on the closing date. Please note that MRCF requires four to six weeks for processing applications.
AFTER THE GRANT HAS BEEN AWARDED
The Maple Ridge Community Foundation expects the following from grant recipients:
- Attend the annual Grants Presentation held the 4th Thursday of every November
- A receipt for the funds grants
- Approval from the Foundation prior to any alterations in plans
- Interim and/or final reports (financial and descriptive)
- Public recognition of the support received from the Maple Ridge Community Foundation.
REQUESTING PAYMENT OF AWARDED GRANTS
Charitable organizations who are awarded grants need to request payment of their award after the programs/projects have been completed, as outlined in the application, as follows:
- Written correspondence outlining how the grant funds were spent including a request for reimbursement
- Attach receipts for expenses incurred
- A notation of how the Maple Ridge Community Foundation has been publicly acknowledged
Should waiting for the program/project to be completed, prior to funds being released, causes hardship on an organization, a written request asking that the funds been advance early is required.
Ready to apply?
Ready to deliver your application?
Once you’ve ascertained your eligibility and completed your application, you can submit your application on or before the deadline to:
Maple Ridge Community Foundation
c/o PO Box 370
Maple Ridge, BC V2X 8K9
Or drop-off at:
EPR Certified General Accountants
22377 Dewdney Trunk Road
Maple Ridge, BC V2X 3J4
Please mark the envelope “MRCF Grant Application”