- outgoing, personable, confident dealing with the public
- social media savvy
- basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, social media platforms
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- self-starter, required to work independently with direction from our team
- available to work weekends and evenings to accommodate events
- have your own laptop and access to internet
- reliable transportation a must; Maple Ridge resident preferred
- Conducting interviews of community members as part of our ongoing social media campaign. Includes phone or in-person interviews (in Maple Ridge), simple photography, preparing a templated interview piece to be posted on our website and social media networks.
- Staffing the MRCF booth at community events including the Haney Farmers Market, Canada Day, and a variety of other Maple Ridge community events, held in the summer months. Engaging passersby to hand out MRCF information, swag materials, and to answer simple questions about who MRCF is/what we do.
- On-site assistance at our golf tournament on June 25th.
- Implement social media campaigns (Facebook, Instagram)
- Assist with recruitment and planning of ongoing student street team
- Build up portfolio of marketing pieces to use throughout the year
- Other communications or admin tasks as assigned
- This position will see the successful candidate working remotely (at home), in our office in downtown Maple Ridge, and at events at various locations throughout Maple Ridge. Reliable transportation is required.
- Between 15 – 30 years of age, registered as a full-time student with the intention to return for the next academic period
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, legally entitled to work in B.C.
- Term & Wages: Up to $13/hour, dependent on experience
30 hours/week from June 4 – July 27. Some set event dates are required, but outside of those schedule will be flexible to accommodate yours.
Application deadline is May 1, 2018.
Please submit your resume and cover letter introducing yourself and outlining your availability in June & July. We will require two references from short- listed candidates.