The Foundation is proud to have been able to provide much-needed emergency support to non-profit organizations in our community to combat the effects of COVID-19 on non-profit services and supports to residents in need in Maple Ridge.
The MRCF Emergency Small Grants opportunity funded registered charitable organizations and non-profit organizations seeking funds for emergency relief due to COVID-19. Approved projects address a pressing social inclusion or well-being need caused by COVID-19 that will be a benefit for residents in Maple Ridge.
We are proud to have invested $30,000 and are pleased to announce that, through this emergency small grants program, our Foundation has supported the following community-specific projects:
- $4,000 was invested to fund Ceed Centre Society for Community Garden Pavilion Roof Repairs to facilitate safe social distancing;
- $5,000 was invested to fund MR PM Community Services for the Community Chest program;
- $8,000 was invested to fund MR PM Community Services for Staff and Client PPE and client safe transportation;
- $1,500 was invested to fund Ridge Meadows Hospice Society for Virtual Emotional Support and Counselling Services;
- $3,000 was invested to fund Ridge Meadows Overdose Community Action Team for STORM Community Meals;
- $8,500 was invested to fund Salvation Army Ridge Meadows Ministries for community outreach;
We have now granted the full funding available through our MRCF Small Grants Program, and are looking forward to seeing our community benefit from the projects and programs funded!