The Maple Ridge Community Foundation recognizes a vibrant and healthy community is built through collaborative efforts, innovative partnerships and an unwavering commitment to create opportunities for all citizens to experience a high quality of life. Since 1976, the Community Foundation has awarded thousands of dollars in grants to a wide range of registered charities committed to building a better Maple Ridge. Our grants are made possible through the generosity of community-minded donors. We work closely with our donors to connect them with causes that matter in a variety of areas.
Our Areas of Interest
The Maple Ridge Community Foundation rewards grants for a wide range of projects that will benefit the citizens of Maple Ridge as outlined in our Vision.
Our guiding principles…we seek to fund programs and projects that:
- Provide a direct service to the community
- Benefit a wide audience
- Present an innovative and creative approach to address a community concern
- Strive to have a lasting impact on our community
- Involve collaboration and partnerships
- Build on existing community strengths and assets
- Use resources efficiently and effectively
We do NOT fund projects and programs for:
- Individuals or businesses
- 100% of project costs
- Retroactive funding, or for any project expenses to be incurred prior to the Community Foundation’s decision date
- Fundraising activities
- Endowment Grants
- Activities of religious organizations that serve primarily their membership and/or their direct religious purposes
- Operating or capital deficits
If you have questions concerning your eligibility or the types of programs and projects we fund, please do not hesitate to contact the Community Foundation at 604-466-3312.
- You must be a not-for-profit organization/charity registered with the Canadian Revenue Agency
- The charity must be a qualified donee under the Income Tax Act
- The charity must be operating in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
- The registered charity number must be included in the application
- Applicants must demonstrate fiscal responsibility and effective management
Application Deadline Dates
Applications are NOW OPEN for the 2022 Fall Granting Cycle. Applications will be accepted until 4 pm on November 10, 2022.
“The Maple Ridge Community Foundation has been a consistent, annual fund contributor to YFC Youth Unlimited in Maple Ridge for over 5 years now. Their contributions have, in part, paved the way for us to expand our High School Breakfast program from one high school in 2010 to the current 4 we are now serving, (the 4th being added in January of this year, thanks to the 2014 grant received from the foundation). They have partnered well with us and I’m pleased that there have been so many other valuable, Maple Ridge Community charities & organizations that have benefited from their philanthropy.