Marketing & Admin Assistant
We are the Maple Ridge Community Foundation, a local non-profit who has been serving the community of Maple Ridge for 40 years. You can learn all about us
at mrcf.ca! We are seeking a summer student to work with us as a Marketing and Admin Assistant to work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- outgoing, personable, confident dealing with the public
- social media savvy
- basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, social media platforms
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- self-starter, capable of working independently with direction from our team
- available to work weekends and evenings to accommodate events
- have your own laptop and access to internet
- reliable transportation a must; Maple Ridge resident preferred
- Conducting interviews of community members as part of our ongoing social media campaign. Includes phone or in-person interviews (in Maple Ridge), simple photography, preparing a templated interview piece to be posted on our website and social media networks.
- Staffing the MRCF booth at community events including the Haney Farmers Market, Caribbean Festival and a variety of other Maple Ridge community events, held in the summer months. Engaging passersby to hand out MRCF information, swag materials, and to answer simple questions about who MRCF is/what we do.
- On-site assistance at our two fundraising events – a dinner in May, and a golf tournament in June
- Implement social media campaigns (Facebook, Instagram)
- Assist with recruitment and planning of ongoing student street team
- Build up portfolio of marketing pieces to use throughout the year
- Other communications or admin tasks as assignedThis position will see the successful candidate working remotely (at home), in our office in downtown Maple Ridge, and at events at various locations throughout Maple Ridge. Reliable transportation is required.
- Between 15 – 30 years of age, registered as a full-time student with the intention to return for the next academic period
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, legally entitled to work in B.C.Term & Wages:
- $10.85 per hour
- 15 hours/week from May 1 – August 31 (negotiable to less weeks at morehours) for a total of 270 hours. Some event dates are required, but outside of those schedule will be flexible to accommodate your needs.Application deadline is April 25, 2017.
Please submit your resume and cover letter introducing yourself and outlining your availability May through August. We will require three references from short- listed candidates.
Contact: Brandee McWhinney, Director, Maple Ridge Community Foundation